Taking a Closer Look at Neck Pain
If you have neck pain, you already understand how severely it can interfere with your daily activities and quality of life. This is particularly true if your neck pain lasts for a while. Neck pain can be difficult to live with, but fortunately, you don’t have to. In Fresno, injured patients can seek the care they need at Reyna Chiropractic Center. Dr. Jaime Reyna, D.C. has more than 40 years of experience delivering effective neck pain treatments.
Neck Pain and Its Associated Symptoms
Neck pain can occur by itself, although it’s often accompanied by other symptoms. For example, if you have whiplash, you may also experience neck stiffness, loss of range of motion, dizziness, fatigue, and tenderness or pain in the shoulders, arms, and upper back. Other symptoms commonly associated with neck pain include headache, facial pain, muscle spasms, and tingling that extends down the arms.
These symptoms can be troublesome, but fortunately, a chiropractor can also treat issues associated with neck pain, including headaches. Plus, chiropractic care doesn’t involve the use of medications, which can lead to harmful side effects.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain isn’t an injury in itself; rather, it’s a symptom of an underlying problem. The key to treating problematic necks effectively is to accurately diagnose the underlying issue. Dr. Reyna commonly diagnoses the following neck problems:
- Pinched nerves
- Degenerative disc disease
- Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal stenosis
- Disc herniation
- Soft tissue strains
Soft tissue strains are particularly common. These may sometimes be due to an event, such as a car accident. Alternatively, they may be caused by lifestyle issues, such as poor ergonomics, posture, and sleeping positions. For example, a person might develop “text neck” after hunching the upper body forward for prolonged periods of time (such as when texting extensively).
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Dr. Reyna customizes each treatment plan to suit the individual patient, taking a whole-person approach that supports overall wellness and rapid healing. Although your treatment plan may look a little different depending on your needs, some common treatment modalities we use include the following:
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound technology isn’t only a diagnostic tool. It’s also therapeutic in nature. The targeted sound waves gently relax the muscles, easing tension and inflammation, and supporting faster healing.
- Manual adjustments: If the bones in your neck are misaligned, they can exert pressure on nearby nerves and cause tissue irritation, leading to neck pain. Dr. Reyna can gently adjust the cervical region of the spine to properly align the bones and allow the body to heal itself.
- Inferential electrical stimulation: Dr. Reyna can use a low-frequency electrical current to gently stimulate and ease the muscles in your neck.
- Spinal and postural screening: Dr. Reyna can evaluate your customary posture (standing and sitting) to determine whether it could be contributing to your symptoms. He will help you adapt to proper posture in order to prevent future occurrences of neck pain.
Neck Pain Treatment in Fresno
At Reyna Chiropractic Center, Dr. Jaime Reyna, D.C. will conduct any necessary diagnostic tests to accurately identify the underlying cause of your neck pain. Then, he will administer effective treatments, such as ultrasound and manual adjustments to relieve your symptoms and heal your body. Dr. Reyna also prioritizes patient education, and will help you adapt to lifestyle changes that will prevent neck pain moving forward.
Call our office in Fresno at (559) 225-2859 to schedule an appointment.